Future Focused Teaching & Learning is an independent organisation that provides high quality, personalised, professional development and support to teachers across Australia.
Our mission is to provide support to teachers, guided by the following principles:
- Ignite: to guide teachers, and their students, to find their 'spark', by tapping into their unique and individual strengths, talents and interests within positive learning environments.
- Innovate: to use a future-focused approach, to develop important 21st century skills, and create innovative solutions to current and future problems.
- Inspire: to provide the leadership necessary to inspire teachers, and their students, to take action and pursue their passions, in order to lead fulfilling careers.
Why 'Future Focused'?
Most teachers choose to become teachers because they want to make a positive difference in the lives of others. They want to help their students achieve their full potentials. To do this, we need to keep in mind that we are preparing our students for a future world that will look quite different to our world today. The future workforce will have vastly changed, and there will be many challenges that society will need to overcome with innovative problem solving and ethical considerations.
This is why we place an emphasis on 21st century skills development and innovative teaching strategies throughout our programs.
We support teachers by providing a range of services, including:
- A step-by-step success path, created to help teachers design their own career path and maximise their impact.
- High quality professional development sessions, aligned to the AITSL standards and suitable for registration requirements.
- A professional learning community, where teachers can collaborate and learn with their colleagues.
- Coaching sessions (available in a group setting or one-on-one). Overcome challenges, and design a personalised professional development plan and career pathway.
- Goal-setting sessions, to get clarity and inspire action.
- Teaching resources to save teachers time.